Michael Bond’s interpretation of a reboot for the Predator series.
Dateline: Friday, 27th, June, 2014.
As there is now talk of doing a new Predator film here is my contribution to the debate. This is an idea that has been in the back of my mind for many years to reboot the Predator franchise.
I’ll try to publish samples from the script as and when I write it in the next few days, weeks, whenever.
Welcome to the Predator Hunt.
Pitch: An old soldier returns to confront long-past nightmares and conquer his fears. In the process he may save or destroy the world.
(It’s big, it’s nasty and it deserves a really good stabbing, but it’s sneaky, it’s advanced technology and it’s more sneaky. So let’s get sneakier. It’s time for a Predator Hunt.)
- I’m writing this off the top of my head, this is a rough first draft based on memory of my notes from twenty years ago. I’ve misplaced the notes so I’m having to recreate this on-the-fly. There will by typos, a few mistakes and more.
- “Anna” in the first two pages, is pure coincidence that I plucked that name out and may not have anything to do with the “Anna” from the very first Predator movie, or does it..?
- This is not a typical Predator/Alien story. I’m trying to add more intelligence, spin the story around non-Hollywood muscle-brained approaches and hint as much deeper maturity in much of the background and action. This has brains, and not all splattered across the jungle floor, well mostly.
- I’m tired of idiot scripts in the Predator/Alien series, let’s do better.
- Added one costume illustration: JungleSprinter
- Added additional illustration of Predator beside Downloads…
- I’ve identified a number of commercial spin-off opportunities from elements in this project which could offset film production risk and enhance world-wide popular participation. Including video games, game arenas, hunting arenas/courses, clothes, weapons. I assert and reserve all IP design, patent and copy and other applicable rights for these elements.
- I wonder if this could be extended and developed into a TV series, if we could get Game of Thrones scale budgets?
- I hope this can be more accurate for real-world military conduct, following all the year’s we’ve seen special forces in combat after 9/11. We need a greater realism if this is to be a greater story. I can’t promise this will be militarily accurate in every detail at this draft stage but that can be fixed in later drafts with a good ex-forces consultant.
- First in a new series – The Predator War?
- Commercial financial risk can be reduced once I’ve completed principal fund-raising for another key project. After this I should have credit lines to fund the entire project series.
13/July/2014 – At p29. Will take a week or two off to contemplate the jungle combat scenes – these are going to be interesting, to choreograph several combats and many characters – and design a Duk to raise funds for future productions.
14/August/2014 – Managed to complete the Duk in time but been set back on the Predator work. Will get back to it as soon as possible…
21/November/2014 – I have taken time out review the current set and correct a few typos and rewrite a few lines. All the above pages have new been replaced with new sets, so if you downloaded them previously you might want to get the new set from pages 1 to 32.
Thought you might like the additional illustration (left) to tease you!
31/December/2014 – Managed to make time for a few more pages – 33 onwards.
1/January/2015 NOTE: I noticed the font and page layout was wrong, looks like the fount had dropped off my system during the last major edit, so all pages 1-31 have been reformatted back to the correct font. If you have already downloaded those early pages it is best to do it again so you are in-line with the rest of the script when it comes.
13/March/2015 – Now made a new push to complete another batch of pages.
5/July/2015 – Cleared the next nine pages (48-56). I may now have resolved the key final confrontation scene that’s been holding me back for months. That will come next.
13/July/2015 – Completed, first rough draft. Hope you like it. Plus a few footnotes about the project for your entertainment.
14/Sept/2018 – Compiled the whole script as one download, with small tweaks to the first page to sharpen it a little. You can download this or refer to the original “Chapters” as they were originally produced and published below.
FREE DOWNLOAD – The Full Predator Hunt Script, HERE
Download Script Pages:-
- Predator Hunt pages 1-2 – Nightmare
- Predator Hunt pages 3-4 – Steel
- Predator Hunt pages 5-7 – Ambush
- Predator Hunt pages 8-10 – Weyland
- Predator Hunt pages 11-12 – “kill them”
- Predator Hunt pages 13-14 – “Proceed”
- Predator Hunt pages 15-17 – Wolves
- Predator Hunt pages 18-20 – “Cool”
- Predator Hunt pages 21-23 – Woods
- Predator Hunt pages 24-29 – Weapons
- Predator Hunt pages 30-31 – Nightingale
- Predator Hunt pages 32-33 – Bait Shop
- Predator Hunt pages 34-37 – Tracking
- Predator Hunt pages 38-40 – Predator
- Predator Hunt pages 41-43 – Valenta
- Predator Hunt pages 44-47 – Red Smoke
- Predator Hunt pages 48-49 – Crazy Ivan
- Predator Hunt pages 50-53 – Firefight
- Predator Hunt pages 54-56 – Nuke
- Predator Hunt pages 57-59 – Silence
- Predator Hunt pages 60-62 – Our World!
- Predator Hunt pages 63-66 – Fucked
- Predator Hunt pages 67-68 – Upping Games
- Predator Hunt pages 69-70 – Chalet
- Predator Hunt pages 71-74 – For Tomorrow
- Predator Hunt pages 75 – Gotcha!
- Predator Hunt – Writer’s Footnotes
Science Fiction Fans!
If you’re an enthusiast and want to spread the word then tell all your friends, share links to this page on your social networks and by e-mail.
Use the handy share links here to connect with the rest of your network and the world.
Twitter, Facebook & Worldmaker
You can follow Michael through his generic Twitter feed on all matters of creativity and the Prosperity Plan for the revival of the world economy at:-
There are a couple of SF facebook pages from Michael available for you and your social contacts to keep in touch with developments at:-
Proposals for a predatory alien SF series of thriller movies.
Proposal for the development of a new Stargate TV series, to be developed once the funds are in-place to commit to the full project.
If you want to enjoy more stories from Michael you can find introductions to his eBook work on his personal web site:-
Learn about “Dragon’s Vale” his alternative interpretation of a sequel to The Lord Of The Rings.